Skip to main content

Change

So it's been awhile since I've written one of these, but seeing as I have too much time to spare, I thought of sharing another of  my insightful insights that so many of the 3 of you love to read. At this point I am just rambling on for the introducing for this article, so here goes.


"The present has all the contingency of the past and is every bit as malleable. Everything in our environment is up for development. The majority of what exists is arbitrary; not inevitable nor right, it is simply the result of muddle and happenstance. The way we enter the world carries with it an inherent bias towards the idea that change is finished, and history already been settled."

So we're constantly told why things are the way they are and are asked to accept them, no questions asked.  As I have previously said in another post, we have been granted free will, the greatest power of them all. Thus we're allowed to choose from a plethora of paths and people and no one can tell us otherwise. Every choice, no matter how influenced or forced, is finally for the individual themselves to make.

We as humans, have a history of opposing change. If we are introduced to an idea that hasn't been the product of a series of neurons firing in our own minds, even those of us who consider ourselves progressive and accepting, start right up , neglecting and defying even the most sound of explanations, dismiss this glorious idea with the highest degree of profanity. After of course,  we subject it's presenter to ridicule. Oh well, there goes our shot at making portals a thing.

Change isn't seen on a minute scale in time. If we look at the last few hours, days, weeks or even the last few months, not much has changed; nothing major at least. But take a step back and examine time on a much larger scale. Take into consideration centuries or even millennia worth of work and instantly one finds drastic change. Change in lifestyle, communication, government, social etiquette, tradition even. What does one do with this information? We take away, that change like any other thing that is worthwhile and valuable, takes time.

My grandfather, a man whose grey hair does truly reflect his wisdom, confided in me one day. He tells me he has been looking for peace and calm as his age progresses; but more so a constant unchanging pattern that he can rely on. This man, has been chasing monotony. The same thing, over and over and over again. He's striving to live everyday as groundhog day. And sometimes, change in a major factor of his routine, affects him not only mentally, but mirrors on his physical health too.

Don't get me wrong, change isn't all bad. It is what it is and each of us as individuals must come to terms with the fact that maybe we let things be as they are and just make the best of each opportunity that is presented to us. For those of you who are scowling at this point, Change the things you can, live with and adapt to the things you can't; but have the wisdom and conviction to tell between the two. This choice will most certainly form the crux of your life.

But, "There are more things in heaven and Earth Horatio, that can be dreamt in your philosophy." These were good sentences and well pronounced. But if to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, why then chapels be churches and poor men's cottages, princes' castles. I know for a fact that most of my own ideas I will find hard to implement in my own day to day life as I go about trying to make the monotony in my life disappear, but not completely. I like my own time. I value it above all else. The time that I give myself to spend with myself; where in I am left to my own thoughts and devices. Maybe it is now time for me to change. To condition my mind into following a set of rules and laws and a general moral compass that I have built for me over the years.
I guess what I'm after at this stage, and day and age is, Monotony, but with a side of chaos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something to think about.

I was told many a times, that I could be what I wanted to be. I had been given the power of free will. The power that drives humanity. But, what is it that keeps us going? There's a fine line between the two. What is that thing we are trying to achieve? What is our end result? I seem to have stumbled upon the answer - Happiness. Happiness is a very diverse feeling. Love and joy come under the same category and for some before us, war and violence do too. Everyone on this planet is capable of feeling it. The thing is, some of 'us' (I use that term very loosely) don't want to or just refuse to even try. Look at a dog's life. What is the world to it? He/she has no end purpose. It does it's best to enjoy every moment it has on this planet, and makes sure you do to (or at least, does his/her level best). I had gone to a friend's party and as usual, when the gang is together, the gang fools around a lot. We decided to go for a walk at 2 am, which is when all

Something to think about III

“Life could be a lot worse, you know?” – This we’ve heard countless times and I’d like to think that the majority of us have now reached a point where the next time we hear that we do one of three things: Laugh it off and agree. Change topic immediately. Or (my personal favourite) use the highest degree of profanity simply to ask the speaker to make themselves scarce. What we don’t realize is, “Life could be a lot better too.” I’m not going to ask you to stop using drugs. I’m not going to ask you to look at the bright side, ‘cause maybe you don’t have one or your vision’s too blurred to see anything else. What I am going to ask you to do is laugh it off. Smile even if you don’t want to. Enjoy the day even if all you want to do is cry. Let go of yourself simply because you can. Put yourself right on top on that list of people you care about. Forget everything and fake being happy. I could give you numbers and tell you that “case studies have shown that yada yada yada…” But th